CIM National Conference 2019
CIM Chartered Managers Canada
National Conference 2019
August 23 - 24, 2019
"Making A Difference At Home and Abroad"
CIM Newfoundland & Labrador Chapter invite you to join them on the beautiful east coast of Canada as hosts of this year's National Conference from August 23-24, 2019 in St. John's, NL. Learn from dynamic keynote speakers and network with professional managers and leaders from across Canada.
The Professional Development conference will be held on Friday, August 23-24, 2019 at the Holiday Inn St. John's Conference Centre.
Your CIM adventure in St. John’s, NL is fast approaching!
We’ve got a terrific line up for the August 23rd Professional Development Day. Here’s a few highlights:
- Our morning session will feature a panel of entrepreneurs from across Newfoundland & Labrador who lead dynamic social enterprises which are making a difference at home and abroad. The panel will be moderated by Nicole Helwig, Manager of the Centre for Social Enterprise at Memorial University. You’ll also learn about Memorial’s innovative MBA in Social Enterprise, the first degree of its kind offered by any Canadian university. The morning will feature brief presentations by each participant followed by a panel discussion.
- Over lunch you’ll hear from our keynote speaker, Lisa Browne. Ms. Browne is the Chief Executive Officer of Stella’s Circle. She has been recognized at a Top 50 CEO by Atlantic Business Magazine and also sits on the boards of Food First NL and the National Gallery of Canada. Lisa holds both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Business Administration degree from Memorial University. Stella’s Circle provides services to adults who face many barriers to fully participating in their community. These barriers include mental health challenges, addictions, trauma, poverty, homelessness, criminal justice involvement, low literacy, and long periods of unemployment. Their mission is Transforming lives through Real Homes, Real Work and Real Help. Stella’s Circle fulfills this vision in many ways, including highly successful social enterprises that build community.
- After lunch, we’re taking everyone to the historic fishing village of Petty Harbour. Our time there will be led by one of our social enterprise presenters, Fishing for Success. While there, you’ll be introduced to many traditional practices including rind-a-stick, weave-a-withe and even learn how to make salt fish. You’ll meet Maggie the Punt, learn how to make toutons, and even take a ride on the ocean in a dory!
- In the evening, we’ll have a traditional meal around a camp fire. After this, we’ll return you to your hotel, with a possible drop-off at the George Street Entertainment District for those interested.
- On Saturday, August 24th, we’ll be having a Gala dinner. After dinner, our special guest will be award-winning musician Chris Andrews. Chris has toured Canada, the US, the UK and more with his band Shanneyganock and also with The Chris Andrews Band. Get ready for a great evening of entertainment from one of the best!
Check out these helpful links about some of the locations and people you'll be seeing.
We strongly recommend running to Google to see what this is all about! Trust us - you’ll have a great time! Please note that you’ll need to be comfortably dressed for the trip to Petty Harbour, with good walking shoes (rubber boots are optional).
We are looking forward to seeing you!!
Holiday Inn Conference Centre
180 Portugal Cove Road
St. John’s NL, A1B 2N2
Tel: (709) 722-0506.
Preferred room rates are $124.00 CAD (standard) and $144.00 CAD (Executive). *These rates will be held until July 19th.