International Chartered Manager
The Canadian Institute of Management announces international reciprocity with the UK Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
The Canadian Institute of Management (“CIM Chartered Managers Canada”) is pleased to announce that it has reached an exciting new milestone in international reciprocity. Holders of the CIM Chartered Manager (C.Mgr.) designation can now obtain the CMI Chartered Manager (CMgr) designation through reciprocity. Conversely, all CMI Chartered Managers can obtain the Canadian equivalent. In order to obtain these designations, applicants simply need to provide evidence of chartered status and join the respective institute, adhering to its local professional requirements and continuing professional development commitments.
Why does the UK Chartered Management Institute promote the Chartered Manager designation? Thousands of UK managers at all levels and across all sectors now hold Chartered Manager and highly value it. In a recent report, the CMI polled over 500 Chartered Managers and found that Chartered Managers reported that becoming Chartered has made them significantly better managers. They also reported that they’ve become notably confident leaders, and that it’s also made a big impact on the results they deliver. The CMI strongly believes managers should view the Chartered status as being essential to their career development and progress. (click here for more information).
To apply for the international CMgr designation with the CMI, you will need to do or provide the following:
- Hold a membership in good standing with the CIM (as evidenced via your most current membership receipt)
- Join the CMI and maintain a membership in good standing with their association. CIM members in good standing will be eligible for a 50% membership rate from the CMI.
- Complete the online registration [login to our Members' Only section]
- Provide a copy of your C.Mgr. certificate
- Provide the CMI with any additional requested information as may be necessary to validate your designation and membership.