Become Certified in Management (C.I.M.)
The Certified in Management (C.I.M) designation is a qualification in management and leadership. Designation-holders have developed various competencies in leadership, strategy, finance, accounting, management operations and organizational analysis.
The designation brings together rigorous business education and management aptitude, setting you apart to contribute to Canada’s economic success.
Benefits of being Certified in Management
- C.I.M. designation holders add value to their organization
- Commit to highest level ethical behaviour and integrity
- Designation holders report greater self awareness and use their designation to stand out in the job market and develop their careers
How Do You Qualify to Become Certified in Management?
Review our map to becoming Certified in Management below and begin your journey to stand out in today’s competitive job market.
C.I.M. DESIGNATION REQUIREMENTS
- Be a CIM Member in good standing
- Complete the online C.I.M. Application
- Upload copies of academic certificates
- Upload transcripts for each academic qualification
- Upload International Credential Assessment (if applicable)
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics
- Complete and pass the online Management Aptitude Evaluation (MAE)
- Pay all applicable fees. Application and MAE fee will be charged during your online application process. Remaining fees will be automatically charged upon approval of application.
Applicants are required to maintain current membership in good standing with the association. If membership lapses, you may be required to re-apply and pay all associated fees with re-application.
Not Sure If You Qualify?
You've read the requirements, but you're still not sure if your academic or professional experience qualifies you to receive our C.I.M. designation? No problem! Use our self assessment tool to figure out if you qualify for the C.I.M. designation.
Core Academic Requirements for C.I.M.
Your certificate, diploma or degree in management must meet the equivalent academic requirements of the Chartered Management Program (CMP).
International Credential Assessment
Equivalent academic credentials from institutions outside of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, the United Kingdom and United States can be assessed by referring to the following website for Educational Credential Assessment:www.canalliance.org
The Professional Review Committee (PRC) reserves the right to request an Educational Credential Assessment for any international credential.
Formal evaluation by one of the approved assessors is to be uploaded during the application process.
Fees - Certified in Management (C.I.M.) Designation Application
The fees associated with becoming Certified in Management (C.I.M.®) are listed below:
$25.00 ( plus tax) – Application fee
$150.00 (plus tax) – MAE fee*
* The MAE fee includes two attempts. If you pass on the first attempt, your designation will be issued immediately. If you are not successful on the first attempt, you may try again when you receive the link for a second attempt. A period of 30 days must elapse between your first two attempts and a further attempt.
$260.00 (plus tax) – Certified in Management annual membership to be renewed each year on June 1st. If you have already paid your annual membership dues for the current year (associate member), you will be charged the difference between the two membership levels to complete your application and renew at the full rate each year going forward.
Begin the Application Process
We're excited to have you join the prestigious ranks of our C.I.M. managers! Please read the following instructions carefully to ensure your application process goes as smoothly as possible.
If you are ready to begin the application process for your C.I.M. designation but are not an Associate Member of The Canadian Institute of Management, you must apply for a membership before applying for the designation. Please click the button below on the right to apply to become an Associate Member with CIM. Once your membership has been verified, return to this page and click the button below on the left to start the C.I.M. designation application.
If you are already an Associate Member with us, then please click the button below on the left to start your C.I.M. application process. Keep this page bookmarked so you can refer back to the required documentation needed to complete the application process.
|I am already a Member or Associate Member||I need to apply as an Associate Member first|