Become Certified in Management (C.I.M.)
The Certified in Management (C.I.M) designation is a qualification in management and leadership. Designation-holders have developed various competencies in leadership, strategy, finance, accounting, management operations and organizational analysis.
The designation brings together rigorous business education and management aptitude, setting you apart to contribute to Canada’s economic success.
Benefits of being Certified in Management
- C.I.M. designation holders add value to their organization
- Commit to highest level ethical behaviour and integrity
- Designation holders report greater self awareness and use their designation to stand out in the job market and develop their careers
Ready to take the next step?
Review our map to becoming Certified in Management below and begin your journey to stand out in today’s competitive job market.
- Be a CIM Member in good standing
- Complete the online C.I.M. Application
- Upload copies of academic certificates
- Upload transcripts for each academic qualification
- Upload International Credential Assessment (if applicable)
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics
- Complete and pass the online Management Aptitude Evaluation (MAE)
- Pay all applicable fees. Application and MAE fee will be charged during your online application process. Remaining fees will be automatically charged upon approval of application.
Applicants are required to maintain current membership in good standing with the association. If membership lapses, you may be required to re-apply and pay all associated fees with re-application.
Core Academic Requirements for C.I.M.
Your certificate, diploma or degree in management must meet the equivalent academic requirements of the Chartered Management Program (CMP).
International Credential Assessment
Equivalent academic credentials from institutions outside of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, the United Kingdom and United States can be assessed by referring to the following website for Educational Credential Assessment:www.canalliance.org
The Professional Review Committee (PRC) reserves the right to request an Educational Credential Assessment for any international credential.
Formal evaluation by one of the approved assessors is to be uploaded during the application process.
Begin the Application Process
|I am already a Member or Associate Member||I need to apply as an Associate Member first|