Management Direct Portal Information
The National Council of CIM is delighted to announce that as part of our commitment to the on-going professional development of our members, we have invested in making the UK Chartered Management Institute’s (CMI) ManagementDirect online learning portal available as a new benefit of CIM membership.
ManagementDirect is an entire reference library of articles, video interviews, definitions, book chapters, web links, self assessment tools, workbooks, e-learning modules and podcasts - all on your PC.
This means as managers, you can access exactly the type of information you need, exactly when you need it and all at the click of a mouse!
Features of ManagementDirect include:
- 5 minute, 20 minute and extended briefings on leadership and management topics;
- Videos from world-class business leaders such as, Dame Anita Roddick,Warren Bennis, Sir Gerry Robinson and Lord Bilimoria;
- Brief action Checklists for about 250 tasks and challenges that managers most often have to do;
- Thinkers: a summary of the work and publications of key thinkers in leadership and management;
- Access to the Harvard Business Review and many more leadership and management journals (including the "Canadian Manager");
- Weblinks – links to over 700 other websites dealing with management and business issues;
- Management models, such as, Belbin's team roles and Crosby's four absolutes of quality;
- e-learning modules and workbooks;
- Self-assessment tools;
- CPD tracking and recording.
In addition, users of ManagementDirect automatically become Affiliate Members of CMI. This brings with it additional benefits including:
- Access to CMI’s dynamic Online Community and other social media including LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Ask a Researcher – information requests answered within one working day by highly experienced and skilled researchers;
- CMI Library – browse the full collection of over 25,000 titles
- Membership Matters – CMI’s e-newsletter for members;
- BusinessHR – templates for letters, contracts and policies plus a monthly update on legislative changes managers should be aware of (UKlaw only)
- Professional Managermagazine delivered electronically